Michigan Brewers Guild News
Michigan's thriving brewing industry contributes over $24 million in wages with a total economic contribution of more than $133 million. In terms of overall number breweries, microbreweries and brewpubs, Michigan ranks #5 in the nation – thus supporting its claim as "The Great Beer State."
Founded in 1997 and celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2012, the Michigan Brewers Guild exists to unify the community of brewers, to increase the sale of Michigan Craft Beer, to contribute culturally and economically throughout the state, and to monitor and assure a healthy brewing industry. By working collaboratively with proponents of craft beer, we strive to achieve 10% share of all beer sold in Michigan by producing world-class events, increasing public awareness, educating consumers, and encouraging responsible consumption.
Michigan Brewers Guild in the News
- Synergy emerges from growing number of Michigan craft breweries (Holland Sentinel - 5.31.12)
- Brewers Association High Fives Michigan's Craft Beer Industry (CraftBeer.com)
- Hop of faith: More and more entrepreneurs, farmers growing the plant for Michigan beer (Mlive.com)
- Alliance helps bring back locally-produced beer hops ... something everyone can drink to (Second Wave)
- Brewing an industry: A special report on Michigan's craft beer boom (Mlive.com)